Philodendron McDowell is a crawling, terrestrial aroid hybrid cross between P. pastazanum and P. gloriosum. This beautiful plant features dark green, heart-shaped leaves with prominent white veins. As a ground-dwelling variety the McDowell reaches a height of about 2-3 feet with very large leaves.
P. McDowell is an easy plant to grow both indoors and outdoors. It favors high humidity and warm temperatures and performs best when exposed to bright indirect light. McDowell requires well-draining soil rich in organic matter. A mix of orchid bark, peat, perlite, and charcoal works well.
This handsome and large leafed Philodendron McDowell is truly a show stopper that is sure to brighten up any yard or living area.
*Please note that the plant pictured may not be the EXACT plant you will receive*
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!