Miracle Fruit, Synsepalum dulcificum
Miracle fruit (Synsepalum dulcificum) is native to West Africa, particularly countries like Ghana, Nigeria, and surrounding regions.
Miracle fruit thrives in tropical and subtropical climates and can grow up to 20 feet in native habitat, but usually much lower under cultivation. It requires warm temperatures and cannot tolerate frost. Plant miracle fruit in well-draining, slightly acidic soil with a pH around 5.5 to 6.5.
The fruit contains a unique glycoprotein called miraculin which binds proteins and activates sweet receptors resulting in the perception of a sweet taste that lasts up to 2 hours! After eating a Miracle fruit or two, biting into a lemon will taste like sweet lemonade! Diabetics can safely sweeten a snack or meal without added sweeteners by simply eating a few berries before their meal. Chemotherapy patients can reduce the metallic tastes produced in their mouth and help promote a more vigorous appetite. What a “Miracle”!
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!