Chambeyronia macrocarpa, Flame Thrower Palm Tree
Chambeyronia macrocarpa, the “Flame Thrower” palm is native to the island of New Caledonia. It’s a solitary palm with very large 8-10 foot arching fronds and wide leaflets that are thick in texture. Average mature height of this species is twenty-five feet in cultivation. The trunk diameter is approximately ten inches with strongly ringed bamboo-like leaf scars. The crown shaft is dark emerald green.
Chambeyronia throw two to three new leaves a year and each one is exceptional as they emerge a stunning red color. This red varies from a deep burgundy through intense pink. The colorful new leaf will gradually turn to green over approximately a 2 week period. The large very ornamental fruit matures to an intense red color.
The “Flame Thrower Palm” is a surprisingly easy, cold hardy, and fast grower in the tropics. It has become very popular in urban landscapes. A great palm for climates that do not experience more than an occasional freeze with temperatures down to as low as 25 degrees F.
If you're looking for a one-of-a-kind rare species you'll want to add this gorgeous palm to your collection! It's truly one of the most beautiful in the world. Flame Thrower palm does very well in a container. It can be enjoyed as a wonderful indoor / outdoor plant, or if your climate permits, an absolutely stunning addition to your landscape!
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!