The stunning Satakentia liukiuensis palm tree is endemic to forests of the Ryukyu Islands in Japan. It’s a solitary, highly ornamental, canopy palm with long arching, deep green fronds. Satakentia has a gorgeous purplish-brown colored crownshaft, interesting looking inflorescences and striking leaf scars which set it apart from other palms making it one of the more stunning palms in the world.
Easy to grow, Satakentia palms thrive in a wide range of conditions. They seem to always look their best due to their light feeding nature and resistance to harsh conditions. Satakentia palms are very cold tolerant, surviving occasional freezes to about 25°F.
Very tropical with a similar landscape use as the coconut palm, Satakentia is an excellent pinnate canopy palm with great cold tolerance and phenomenal hurricane resistance. Satakentia is one of the most trouble free, low maintenance palms in existence. Its stature, beauty and toughness make it a preeminent palm of choice for a wide range of applications and growing conditions.
Rare in cultivation and vulnerable in the wild. This is one of the most ornamental and handsome palms in the world.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!