Calyptrocalyx hollrungii Palm Tree
Habitat and Distribution: Calyptrocalyx hollrungii is found in the rainforests of New Guinea.
Description: A small understory palm, the C. hollrungii can reach 6 to 7 feet in height, depending on its location. It is a clustering species that can start to sprout suckers in 2-3 years time. New leaves emerge bright red and stay that color for a few weeks before turning a beautiful, dark green. The leaf shape is variable, ranging from a single bi-fold to entirely pinnate.
Cultivation & Culture: Requires consistently moist, rich, well draining soil that’s high in humus. Thrives in very humid conditions, doing best in a partial to full shade position sheltered from wind. Can tolerate short dips into the low 40’s (Fahrenheit).
Comments: Trunk may split into two growing points. Different leaf shapes have been recorded to appear on a single clump. Beautiful & colorful little palm that makes for a spectacular potted plant.
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!