Habitat and Distribution: The Areca catechu palm tree is found in a broad area of southern Asia.
Description: A beautiful deep green palm with a stunning bamboo’ish ringed trunk. The solitary, slender and erect trunk reaches 60 feet tall in habitat with a diameter of 8 - 12 inches.
Culture: An easily grown palm for both the tropics and warm subtropical areas. It prefers shade as a seedling, but takes full sun at quite a young age.
Comments: Betel nut (Areca catechu) is chewed regularly by at least 10% of the world population. The fruit on the seed has stimulating effects. It produces heightened alertness and an increased capacity to work. The Betel Nut is also used as an offering in Hinduism. All that and a beautiful palm tree too!
❄️ Winter Shipping = Add Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme temperature or weather conditions are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a heat pack to your order we cannot be held responsible for damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- Items shipped may not be the actual item in the photo.
- Titles refer to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold. Plant size may vary accordingly.
- All "Fresh & Clean" seeds are from a proven viable source. Germination is not guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyers assume all risk due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Return policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we will gladly refund the purchase price or send a replacement. To be eligible, buyers must please send a notification within ( 1 ) day of arrival describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the un-altered order in its original packing material.
- Plant / tree propagation is from seed unless cutting or grafting methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help !
Daniela & Dave
Let's Grow Florida !