Areca triandra, “Perfume Palm Tree”
Habitat and Distribution: Areca triandra is an understory palm from the rainforests of India and south-east Asia.
Description: A beautiful small to medium sized, fast growing, clustering palm with a bamboo-like ringed trunk. Areca triandra produces very fragrant lemon scented pale yellow flowers which form into large ornamental red fruit. At ultimately 8 - 12 ft. in height, this modestly sized palm is easily kept in a large container.
Culture: Areca triandra grows well in a wide range of soils with average water in light to heavy shade and a tropical to subtropical environment.
Comments: Areca triandra does well in containers. It’s an attractive, charming fast growing small to medium sized palm with very fragrant lemon scented flowers that are enjoyed at quite a distance. The fragrance of Areca triandra flowers would make a great perfume.
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold. Plant size may vary accordingly.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme temperature or weather conditions are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a heat pack to your order we cannot be held responsible for damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All "Fresh & Clean" seeds are from a proven viable source. Germination is not guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Return policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we will gladly refund the purchase price or send a replacement. To be eligible, buyers must please send a notification within ( 1 ) day of arrival describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the un-altered order in its original packing material.
- Plant / tree propagation is from seed unless cutting or grafting methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!