Acca / Feijoa sellowiana, Pineapple Guava Fruit Tree
Habitat and Distribution: Feijoa sellowiana is native to southern Brazil, eastern Paraguay, Uruguay, northern Argentina and Columbia.
Description: The Acca / Feijoa sellowiana, commonly known as pineapple guava, is an evergreen perennial shrub or small tree of the myrtle family. Cultivated as an ornamental and regarded for its beautiful (edible) flowers and evergreen foliage, the tree typically grows 10 to15 feet in height.
Fruit: The fruit has a sweet aromatic flavor, which has been likened to pineapple, apple and mint. It’s best eaten once ripened to the point of falling off the tree and ideal for salads, pies, puddings and jams.
Cultivation & Culture: Able to grow in USDA zones 8 thru 11, the pineapple guava thrives in climates where winters are cool and summers moderate. Placed in a full sun position with plenty of water to keep shallow roots hydrated, a 3+ year old plant will generally begin to yield its best fruits.
Comments: Pineapple guava is especially suited for coastal area gardens because of its tolerance of salt. It’s also free of serious pests and disease making it a great choice in landscaping where it’s often pruned back to create an ideal low maintenance edible hedge.
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!