Carrie Mango Tree, Professionally Grafted !
Carrie History: The original Carrie tree was grown on the property of Laurence Zill in Boynton Beach, Florida. The most likely parent of Carrie is Julie. The 'Carrie' tree was named after Lawrence Zill's mother Carrie. It first fruited in 1940. Commercial propagation began in 1949. Carrie trees soon gained a reputation for producing excellent quality fruit. Its commercial application was limited due to the fruit's lack of color and soft flesh but Carrie became, and remains a top “dooryard” variety in Florida.
Description: Carrie is a mid season fruit which averages a pound or less. At maturity it may be green to yellow and doesn't develop a red blush like many other mangoes. The flesh is orange, not fibrous and rich in flavor with a strong aroma. The fruit and tree are not typically susceptible to any health problems. Carrie trees can be vigorous growers, but their compact growth habit makes them easy to manage. They have dense rounded canopies.
Comments: A compact tree, though not a true dwarf, it is suitable for container growing. Most agree there is no mango sweeter than a perfectly ripened Carrie! Mango trees are incredibly low maintenance. The saying "less is more" definitely applies to this amazing fruit tree!
Grafting: Grown from seed most mango trees will not yield predictable fruit or tree qualities. Grafting affords the likelihood of fruit production in the first few years versus waiting up to 10 years or more for a seedling to produce. Grafting also guarantees your tree will grow and produce fruit true to its desired cultivar retaining all desirable characteristics.
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Return policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of arrival describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the un-altered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!