Ice Cream Mango Tree, Professionally Grafted!
History: The 'Ice Cream' mango is a semi-dwarf mango cultivar from Trinidad. In 1992 it was introduced to Miami by grafting master and founding member of the Miami Rare Fruit Council, Maurice Kong.
Description: Ice Cream mango trees are of low vigor and can be maintained at heights under 6-8 feet. Their typically slender leaves are easily recognizable. Ice Cream fruit are small in size, averaging eight ounces with a flat oval shape and a bumpy surface. The flesh is fiberless, rich, sweet, and spicy. It’s spicy sweet taste has been likened to Mango Sorbet. The tree is disease and pest resistant. This variety produces an average yield. In Florida, Ice Cream trees are less productive due to fungus issues with the flower blooms. Cross pollination can improve fruit production.
Comments: “Ice Cream” is one of the most popular “Condo” mango trees and is ideal for container growing. It’s always a “Top Seller” at Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden Mango Festival sales. Mango trees are incredibly low maintenance. The phrase “Less is More" definitely applies to this amazing fruit tree !
Grafting: Grown from seed most mango trees will not yield predictable fruit or tree qualities. Grafting affords the likelihood of fruit production in the first few years versus waiting up to 10 years or more for a seedling to produce. Grafting also guarantees your tree will grow and produce fruit true to its desired cultivar retaining all desirable characteristics.
❄️ Winter Shipping = Add Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme temperature or weather conditions are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a heat pack to your order we cannot be held responsible for damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- Items shipped may not be the actual item in the photo.
- Titles refer to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold. Plant size may vary accordingly.
- All "Fresh & Clean" seeds are from a proven viable source. Germination is not guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyers assume all risk due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Return policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we will gladly refund the purchase price or send a replacement. To be eligible, buyers must please send a notification within ( 1 ) day of arrival describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the un-altered order in its original packing material.
- Plant / tree propagation is from seed unless cutting or grafting methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help !
Daniela & Dave
Let's Grow Florida !