Pinanga coronata, Ivory Cane Palm
Common name: Ivory Cane Palm
Habitat and Distribution: Rainforests of Indonesia, from Sumatra to the Sunda Islands.
Description: A very attractive medium sized clumping palm to about 20’ tall in habitat and 10 - 12’ in cultivation. New leaves often emerge with a very attractive and intense salmon colored hue changing over time to green with a light ornamental mottling. Ivory Cane Palm has a medium sized cream colored crown shaft with beautiful bright red to maroon fluorescent like inflorescences sporting purple flowers and jet black fruit.
Culture: Warm, part sun to full hade, sheltered, and preferably moist. Relatively easy to grow being widely adaptable to soil types and fairly drought tolerant once established.
Comments: This highly underutilized and under appreciated palm is very ornamental, easy to cultivate and a great choice as a hedge providing a beautiful dense privacy screening in the right setting. There is none prettier and easier than the Ivory Cane Palm in the palm kingdom!
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold. Plant size may vary accordingly.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme temperature or weather conditions are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a heat pack to your order we cannot be held responsible for damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All "Fresh & Clean" seeds are from a proven viable source. Germination is not guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Return policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we will gladly refund the purchase price or send a replacement. To be eligible, buyers must please send a notification within ( 1 ) day of arrival describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the un-altered order in its original packing material.
- Plant / tree propagation is from seed unless cutting or grafting methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!