Ptychosperma schefferi Palm Tree
Ptychosperma schefferi is native to the central coast of New Guinea.
It’s a very attractive clustering, sometimes solitary palm that grows in a perfect symmetrical shape and stays a rich green in full sun. It’s a manageable sized palm with a symmetrical, tightly clustered habit reaching 20 feet and trunks 2 inches in diameter.The stunning inflorescences are bright orange with contrasting dark maroon to black fruit. Young plants are particularly attractive with large, wide, undivided leaflets and red stems.
Ptychosperma schefferi grows steadily in a variety of soils including sandy and alkaline. It always looks its best as it’s a light feeder, pest and mold resistant, and withstands temperatures below freezing for short durations.
P. schefferi is a dense and super green clustering palm that makes for a wonderful natural privacy screen. Not bothered by drought, full sun or Florida’s alkaline soils! Checks all the boxes, easy, beautiful, practical, and no maintenance! What a combo!
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!