Musa acuminata, Dwarf Nam Wah/Pisang Awak, Banana Plant
Habitat and Distribution: The Dwarf Nam Wah or Pisang Awak is a hybrid species originally from Southeast Asia that’s quickly gained worldwide popularity.
Description: This cultivar reaches a height of just 6-10 feet, making it a popular container banana and a perfect candidate for the patio. The USDA Hardiness Zone is 9-11, giving it tolerance to both cold and heat!
Fruit: Related to the blue Java, this lady finger variety produces large sized bunches of plump, fragrant fruit with a dense consistency, both juicy and sweet. Harvest usually occurs 10 -14 months after planting and best if done once the fruit starts to turn yellow.
Cultivation: Like all bananas, the Dwarf Nam Wah enjoys full sun and rich, moist but well drained soil. For best results and a happy plant you’ll want to feed quarterly with a slow release organic fertilizer devoid of heavy salts, which can cause root damage.
Comments: Besides being one of the best tasting bananas out there, this terrific tropical plant is also one that’s available to temperate zone gardeners!
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!