Archontophoenix purpurea ‘Mt. Lewis’ Palm Tree
Description: The common name ‘Mount Lewis' is derived from the fact that this palm's natural habitat is limited to the Mount Lewis area of northeast Queensland, Australia. An ornamental, medium-sized tree with a bamboo-like trunk, the A. purpurea can be found growing in and around swamps and rainforests. The pinnate leaflets are mid to dark green in color with a silverish underside and the long purple, slightly bulbous crownshaft makes this species easy to spot in a landscape. Simple to cultivate, the Archontophoenix purpurea will look its best if grown in partial shade, but will handle full sun with an abundance of water. One of the more cold hardy palms, the Mt. Lewis can adapt to a wide range of climates from tropical to temperate, although in temperate it's only able to handle short term frosts with protection.
Comments: The Mt. Lewis palm is rare in cultivation compared with the King Palm which makes this stunner a must-have for any palm collection.
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!