Areca catechu, Betel Nut Palm
The Areca catechu palm tree is found in a broad area of southern Asia.
A beautiful deep green palm with a stunning bamboo’ish ringed trunk. The solitary, slender and erect trunk reaches 60 feet tall in habitat with a diameter of 8 - 12 inches.
An easily grown palm for both the tropics and warm subtropical areas. It prefers shade as a seedling, but takes full sun at quite a young age.
Betel nuts are chewed regularly by at least 10% of the world population. The fruit on the seed has stimulating effects. It produces heightened alertness and an increased capacity to work. The Betel Nut is also used as an offering in Hinduism. All that and an easy beautiful palm tree too!
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product add one below...
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!