Areca triandra, Perfume Palm Tree
Areca triandra is an understory palm from the rainforests of India and south-east Asia.
A beautiful small to medium sized, fast growing, clustering palm with a bamboo-like ringed trunk. Areca triandra produces very fragrant lemon scented pale yellow flowers which form into large ornamental red fruit. At ultimately 8 - 12 ft. in height, this modestly sized palm is easily kept in a large container.
Areca triandra grows well in a wide range of soils with average water in light to heavy shade and a tropical to subtropical environment.
The “Perfume Palm Tree” does well in containers. It’s an attractive, charming, fast growing small to medium sized palm with very fragrant lemon scented flowers that are enjoyed at quite a distance. The fragrance of Areca triandra flowers would make a fantastic perfume.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!