Areca Vestiaria ‘Orange Crownshaft’ Palm Tree Tropical
Areca Vestiaria is endemic to the rain forests of Indonesia.
This gorgeous palm varies from a profusely suckering red crownshafted plant with maroon leaves to a single trunked orange version with green leaves and everything in between. It’s been noted that there is a substantial color variation depending on elevation, with more colorful plants coming from higher elevations. It can grow up to 20ft tall and 5-10ft wide and occasionally can have stilt roots in habitat.
Areca Vestiaria is easy to grow and can survive temperatures as low as 40 degrees F. This species thrives in partial shade and prefers rich and slightly acidic, well-drained soil. This impressive palm does not like to dry out between watering and does best in consistently moist soil.
A standard in the ornamental palm tree world. Easily one of the must have palms for a collector.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!