Chamaedorea elegans Palm Tree
Chamaedorea elegans is found in Belize, Guatemala, Mexico, in moist or wet, dense forest on the Atlantic slope, often on limestone. Chamaedorea elegans, also known as the Parlor palm, is easily one of the premiere indoor palms, succeeding beautifully as one for many decades, often in the same pot, rarely ever outgrowing its situation. This is a solitary stemmed palm with very closely spaced rings (thanks to its relatively slow growth). It can grow up to 10' tall, but takes a long time to get there, and rarely does indoors.
Full shade to heavily filtered light, consistently moist soil, well drained position, will tolerate extreme drought. Very resilient to low light, air-conditioning, drying out, and over watering. Shaded, sheltered, and moist. Very good indoor plant. One of the best indoor Chamaedoreas, tolerating crowded roots and low light levels. Outdoor aged plants often start showing some twists and turns in the stems and get sort of spindly looking and less ornamental. It is especially appealing for its low pruning necessities and growth form which has individuals growing at varying rates, thus rendering a multi-tiered effect in such groupings. Probably the most commonly grown indoor palm in the world.
Chamaedorea elegans, aptly named for its elegance, is a remarkably versatile plant. Whether gracing the interior of a home, serving as a charming border plant in a garden, thriving as a petite palm in a terrarium or bonsai, or finding a perfect spot in those tricky, hard-to-plant corners of a garden, this plant effortlessly makes a statement in various settings.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!