Chamaedorea tepejilote Palm Tree
Habitat and Distribution:
Found throughout most of Central America and Columbia.
The Chamaedorea tepejilote is predominantly a solitary palm, although a rare clustering variety sought after by collectors does exist. One of the more robust of the Chamaedorea species, the tree grows to heights of 20 feet with trunks averaging 3 inches in diameter. Similar to bamboo, the stalk is ringed with white leaf scars and the elegant fronds are delicate, long and weeping.
The species is dioecious with male and female flowers developing on separate plants. The black fruit is especially attractive and creates a stunning contrast to the red-orange, branched inflorescence. Shade loving, the C. tepejilote palm should be kept out of direct sun which can easily cause leaf burn and yellowing. Considered moderately hardy it has been known to tolerate some mild frosts.
Comments and Curiosities:
It’s low light requirements make it a perfect indoor specimen that instantly transforms a space into a tropical oasis. A beautiful ornamental that is highly underrated and utilized. A longtime favorite here at Let’s Grow Florida.
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!