Chambeyronia macrocarpa, Flame Thrower Palm
Common name: Flame Thrower Palm
Habitat and Distribution: Native to the island of New Caledonia.
Description: Chambeyronia macrocarpa is a solitary palm. It has very large 8-10 foot arching fronds with wide leaflets that are thick in texture. Average mature height of this species is twenty-five feet in cultivation. The trunk diameter is approximately ten inches with strongly ringed bamboo-like leaf scars. The crown shaft is dark emerald green. Chambeyronia throw about two to three new leaves a year and each one is exceptional as they emerge a stunning red color. This red varies from a deep burgundy through intense pink. The colorful new leaf will gradually turn to green over approximately a 2 week period. The large very ornamental fruit matures to an intense red color.
Cultivation: A surprisingly easy, cold hardy, and fast grower in the tropics, Chambeyronia macrocarpa still maintains a good growth rate in warmer temperate locations and has become very popular in urban landscapes. Flame Thrower palm enjoys full sun to partial shade and does best in moist well drained slightly acidic soils. A great palm for the tropics and warm temperate climates that do not experience more than an occasional freeze with temperatures down to as low as 25 degrees F.
Comments: If you're looking for a one-of-a-kind rare species you'll want to add this gorgeous palm to your collection! It's truly one of the most beautiful in the world. Flame Thrower palm does very well in a container. It can be enjoyed as a wonderful indoor / outdoor plant, or if your climate permits, an absolutely stunning addition to your landscape!
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- Titles refer to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold. Plant size may vary accordingly.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme temperature or weather conditions are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a heat pack to your order we cannot be held responsible for damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All "Fresh & Clean" seeds are from a proven viable source. Germination is not guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Return policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we will gladly refund the purchase price or send a replacement. To be eligible, buyers must please send a notification within ( 1 ) day of arrival describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the un-altered order in its original packing material.
- Plant / tree propagation is from seed unless cutting or grafting methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!