Chrysalidocarpus / Dypsis lanceolata Palm Tree
Chrysalidocarpus lanceolata is endemic to the Comoro Islands. It is a clustering palm growing to about 20 ft high with lanceolate leaflets that are broad and plumose looking for a Chrysalidocarpus species. Somewhat similar to C. cabadae though arguably even more beautiful, of the three similar Chrysalidocarpus species (pembana, cabadae & lanceolata) this palm is easily the most dramatic with striking deep green and bright white leaf scars producing a vivid bamboo looking trunk.
This palm is easily cultivated in a tropical to subtropical climate thriving in some shade and a variety of soil conditions. It would be suitable even for the small, warm temperate or tropical garden and would undoubtedly also make a great interior plant.
C. lanceolata is a low maintenance, light feeding palm that is easily one of the most beautiful small - medium sized landscape or patio / interior palms available. Arguably the prettiest though certainly the deepest green of all the bamboohish looking Dypsis species and certainly one of the prettiest palms in the entire palm tree family.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!