Chrysalidocarpus / Dypsis pembana Clustering Palm Tree
Chrysalidocarpus pembana is endemic to the moist lowlands of Pemba Island off the coast of Tanzania in east Africa. It’s known only from a single forest on Pemba island.
Dypsis pembana is a rare, attractive, medium sized, lightly clustering, sometimes solitary palm with a strongly ringed deep green "bamboo’ish" trunk. It grows up to 40 ft. and 6 in. in diameter. The fronds are large, waxy green with an almost silvery cast and an ornamental twist. The fruit is very ornamental, becoming a rich bright red when mature.
Very easily cultivated in a tropical to subtropical climate. Dypsis Pembana thrives in a variety of light and soil conditions.
D. pembana is a low maintenance, light feeding palm that is easily one of the most beautiful medium sized palms available. Pembana palm is very drought tolerant and does well in containers. Definitely a favorite and top seller at Let's Grow Florida!
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!