Panama / Pacific Tall Coconut Palm
Few plants on earth can claim to have assisted mankind more during its early development than Cocos nucifera. It has been cultivated and utilized for so long in virtually every tropical location throughout the world that its true place of origin is somewhat uncertain. The most widely accepted location is southern Asia east to the islands of the central Pacific Ocean. It was introduced to the west coast of northern South America from the Philippines about 2,250 years ago by Austronesian people.
Un-Germinated Panama Tall Coconut:
Organic coconut, recently ripened and released naturally from the tree. This mature coconut provides the sweetest most delicious & nutritious organic coconut water & meat with exceptional flavor. Using simple tools the water and meat can be harvested in a couple minutes. The common coconut meat tool works very well actually!
Germinate-Your-Own (w/our Un-Germinated Coconut):
Place your coconut half way into a well draining potting mix. Keep warm and moist.
Germinated Panama Tall Coconut:
This germinated Panama Tall variety of coconut is healthy, vigorous and ready for planting outdoors in sub-tropical or warmer climates. Panama Tall has better disease resistance & cold tolerance than the Jamaican Tall. It has a very “full” tropical and ornamental canopy. Ambitious growers keep and grow these coconut plants in a container anywhere with controlled temperature, and humidity. A very fast grower, this coconut does well in a container but in colder climates it must be moved to a protected location to avoid temperatures approaching freezing and or low humidity.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!