Pinanga philippinensis (compact) Palm Tree
Habitat and Distribution: The Pinanga philippinensis can be found on mountainside ecosystems in various islands of the Philippines.
Description: Often cultivated for its unique crown shaft, this particular Pinanga varies in color from pale yellow to blueish purple. It’s a mid-sized palm growing up to 15 feet in height with closely ringed, slender stems. It has a tight clustering growth habit and beautiful lime green leaves are fine pinnate with a slight arch. The fruit goes from pink to red and ripens as a deep purple.
Cultivation and Culture: P. philippinensis requires partial shade and consistent moisture. One of the more cold tolerant species in this genus, it’s capable of surviving a short stint of temperatures around 32 degrees fahrenheit.
Comments: Mid-sized palms with colorful crown shafts are always a treat because you get to keep that color close. The slender growth habit and purple crownshaft make this a highly ornamental and elegant palm. It also delivers on its ability to thrive not just in the tropics but also warm temperate climates.
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!