Cyrtostachys renda, ‘Red Sealing Wax’ / ‘Lipstick’ Palm Tree
Habitat and Distribution: Cyrtostachys renda is native to the Malay peninsula,Thailand and the islands Borneo and Sumatra, Indonesia. It can be found growing in the lowland peat swamp forests of these regions.
Description: The ‘lipstick’ is a slender, clustering palm with three or more adult stems growing to heights of 50 feet. The spectacular ‘red sealing wax’ crown shaft sits atop a bright green trunk, ringed with white leaf scars, which creates a jaw dropping contrast of colors. The crown of this palm is erect and appears shuttle-cock shaped. Leaves are dark green on top, gray-green on the bottom and ripe fruit is dark purplish-red.
Culture and Cultivation: This gorgeous, truly tropical palm enjoys high humidity, a spot sheltered from the wind and temperatures above 50F. The soil should have combinations of peat moss and sand to replicate native growing conditions and be kept evenly and consistently moist.
Comments: To see a one is to instantly fall in love. Nature at its best!
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!