Cyrtostachys renda, ‘Red Sealing Wax’ / ‘Lipstick’ Palm Tree
The Red Sealing Wax palm is endemic to Borneo, Malaya, Sumatera, and Thailand.
It's a slender clustering palm with three or more adult stems. The spectacular long deep red crown shaft sits atop a bright green trunk ringed with white leaf scars creating a jaw dropping contrast of colors. Leaves are a beautiful dark green on top and gray-green on the bottom. The ripe fruit matures to dark purplish-red.
This warm and wet loving palm is very easy and trouble free to grow in the right conditions. A reasonably fast growing palm, it begins to show its stunning red color at a relatively young age. This species does very well in greenhouses and conservatories for those in northern climates.
A palm collectors standard to which others are often compared and measured. A source of many palm enthusiasts' addiction. Seeing the “Red Sealing Wax Palm” in person will make you fall in love! Nature at its best!
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!