Dypsis cabadae Palm Tree
Only recently has a native stand of D. cabadae been found in the Comoros, an archipelago island nation lying between northwestern Madagascar and Mozambique. It has however been widely known in cultivation for many decades in Cuba and the United States.
Dypsis cabadae is a very stately and majestic medium sized clustering palm. It has very dark green stems punctuated by bright pure white ring-like leaf scars giving it a very dramatic and pronounced bamboo'ish look. When mature, the cabadae palm’s ripe fruit is a deep ornamental red. It grows to 20-30’ on average.
Dypsis cabadae is very drought tolerant, adaptable to a wide range of soils and light exposures. It is a very trouble free and easy palm.
This chic palm provides a very attractive architectural accent to any landscape. A highly coveted species. Cabadae palm is rivaled in its stately beauty by few others. An absolute favorite at Let's Grow Florida!
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!