Jaboticaba, Myrciaria cauliflora, Brazilian Grape
Description : Jaboticaba is a slow growing, small bushy tree, native to Brazil. It typically reaches a height of 10 - 15 feet in cultivation. The trees are profusely branched, beginning close to the ground and slanting upward and outward so that the dense, rounded crown may attain an ultimate spread as wide as it is tall. Small yellow-white flowers dramatically emerge from the multiple trunks, limbs and large branches.
Fruit : Jabuticaba is known for its purplish-black, white-pulped fruits which grow directly on the trunk. The fruit is grape-like in appearance, texture and taste. Blooms can be expected several times a year during warm months. Fresh fruit is delicious eaten out-of-hand and can be made into jellies, jams and wines. The skin is high in tannin.
Culture : Jaboticaba trees will take full sun or some shade and are small enough to fit into many parts of the garden landscape. They are fairly wind tolerant but do not like salty sea air. Jaboticabas grow and fruit best in rich, deep, slightly acidic soil. Although not well adapted to alkaline soils, they may be grown successfully by mulching and applying necessary nutrient sprays containing iron. Jaboticabas can tolerate a few degrees of frost, but do best under frost-free conditions.
Comments : Jaboticaba makes an attractive landscape plant and an excellent bonsai tree!
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Return policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of arrival describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the un-altered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!