Jamaican / Malayan Dwarf Coconut Seed Cocos nucifera Tropical Palm Tree
The Jamaican / Malayan Dwarf coconut palm tree is a variety of dwarf coconut that has a skinny base and trunk all the way up to the base of the canopy. “Dwarf” refers to the size at which this cultivar will begin to produce coconuts, not the size it will ultimately achieve, though this variety is certainly small in stature on all accounts. Jamaican Dwarfs begin to produce coconuts at approximately 2’-3’ of trunk whereas most other species will not produce until approximately 6’- 8’.
The Jamaican Dwarf’s resistance to the Lethal Yellowing disease is a characteristic that makes it one of the worlds important dwarf types. It’s a charming, attractive, small stature “Dwarf” coconut palm. Perfect for a tropical landscape where a beautiful, hearty, small, easy to reach coconut palm is called for or the ambitious container grower in northern climates trying to produce coconuts.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!