Miracle Fruit, Synsepalum dulcificum
Habitat and Distribution: Synsepalum dulcificum, “Miracle Fruit" is native to Ghana in West Africa.
Description: Synsepalum dulcificum is an attractive shrub that can also be trained as a small standard tree. The fruit contains a unique glycoprotein called miraculin which binds proteins and activates sweet receptors resulting in the perception of a sweet taste that lasts up to 2 hours! After eating a Miracle fruit or two, biting into a lemon will taste like sweet lemonade! Diabetics can safely sweeten a snack or meal without added sweeteners by simply eating a few berries before their meal. Chemotherapy patients can reduce the metallic tastes produced in their mouth and help promote a more vigorous appetite. What a “Miracle” !
Culture: Miracle fruit grows at a moderate pace to 3-4 ft tall, loves slightly acidic soil and partial to full shade. Hearty to subtropical zone 10, for those who wish to grow this amazing fruit bush in more temperate areas, the plant is excellent as a potted plant and small enough to be easily moved into protection from winter weather. A potted Miracle Fruit also has very good drought tolerance.
Comments: Makes lemons taste like sweet lemonade, makes Guinness Stout beer tastes like chocolate milk, makes broccoli and cauliflower taste like sweet apples! The bright red berries against deep green foliage make for a stunning attention getter! Plants fruit at a very young age. Very healthy, easy, and beautiful plants!
❄️ Winter Shipping = Add Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme temperature or weather conditions are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a heat pack to your order we cannot be held responsible for damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- Items shipped may not be the actual item in the photo.
- Titles refer to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold. Plant size may vary accordingly.
- All "Fresh & Clean" seeds are from a proven viable source. Germination is not guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyers assume all risk due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Return policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we will gladly refund the purchase price or send a replacement. To be eligible, buyers must please send a notification within ( 1 ) day of arrival describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the un-altered order in its original packing material.
- Plant / tree propagation is from seed unless cutting or grafting methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help !
Daniela & Dave
Let's Grow Florida !