Monstera Obliqua “Swiss Cheese Plant”
Monstera obliqua, also known as the Swiss Cheese Vine, is native to South and Central America.
This variety of vining Monstera has a very special and distinctive look due to some of the largest, widest and most intricate holes and splits of any monstera. This feature leaves more fenestration than leaf which produces its iconic “stringy” appearance.
M. obliqua is easily cultivated with regular humidity and tropical temperatures. It prefers bright, indirect light and does not tolerate direct sunlight. The Swiss Cheese Plant also prefers a moist chunky soil mix and is a water lover. This plant is a climber. Providing it with a wet moss pole to climb will produce best results.
If you're looking for a rare, exotic tropical aroid to add to your collection, the Monstera obliqua is an excellent choice. Its unique appearance and easy care make it a great plant for collectors and experienced plant lovers alike. This highly sought-after plant that has become a staple in many plant lover's collections.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!