Pinanga coronata, Ivory Cane Palm
The Ivory Cane Palm is native to the rainforests of Indonesia, from Sumatra to the Sunda Islands.
It is a very attractive medium sized clumping palm to about 20’ tall in habitat and 10 - 12’ in cultivation. New leaves often emerge with a pink colored hue changing over time to green with a light ornamental mottling. Ivory Cane Palm has a medium sized cream colored crown shaft with beautiful bright red to maroon fluorescent like inflorescences sporting purple flowers and shiny jet black fruit.
P. coronata thrives in sun to full shade in a sheltered, and preferably moist environment. Very easy to grow being widely adaptable to soil types and fairly drought tolerant once established.
This highly underutilized and under-appreciated palm is very ornamental, easy to cultivate and a great choice as a hedge providing a beautiful dense privacy screening in the right setting. Does very well in containers as a patio specimen. There is none prettier and easier than the Ivory Cane Palm in the palm kingdom!
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container size. For more detailed size information please see the “Size Information” link at the top of our website.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!