Habitat and Distribution: The Rainbow Eucalyptus tree is native to Southeast Asia.
Description: Rainbow’s are best known for their unique and stunning multi colored layers of peeling bark that reveal streaks of green, red, orange, and purple. It’s a large, fast-growing, broad-leaved evergreen that can reach heights of 100 -250’ in habitat or 100’ in cultivation if not pruned. With horticultural practices Rainbows can be maintained at a much more modest size.
Cultivation & Culture: Rainbow Eucalyptus trees are commonly planted as show stopping ornamental shade trees. Much more cold tolerant than one might think, Rainbows are suitable in zones 9b and higher tolerating short periods of temperatures well into the 20’s. This easy to grow Rainbow tree enjoys full or partial sun, grows well in a wide range of soils and is typically trouble free.
Comments: The Rainbow Eucalyptus tree never ceases to amaze with its constant but ever changing stunning multi colored layers. Rainbows are fast growers putting on up to 5 feet of height or more per year in optimal conditions. They’re suitable in zones 9b and higher tolerating short periods of temperatures well into the 20’s. Truly a sight to behold! A fantastic, highly ornamental, trouble free shade tree and favorite at Let’s Grow Florida! The world's most beautiful tree!
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!