Saribus rotundifolia ‘Round-leaf Fountain Palm’ Tree
Saribus rotundifolia, also known as the Round-leaf Fountain Palm’, is native to Southeast Asia. Highly ornamental, it’s often grown in a prominent position in today's manicured landscapes. This beautiful, solitary species with its tight leaf scars and dark chocolate trunk can grow up to 80 feet in height. Its rounded crown is composed of large shallowly divided circular leaves. Below the crownshaft are woven fibers that give the palm the appearance of wearing a scarf. The fruits are a deep violet when ripe.
Saribus rotundifolia requires a shady, sheltered position when young but is quite happy in full sun when mature and the humidity is high. Although the Footstool Palm is from the tropics it has successfully been grown in sub-tropical and even warm temperate areas. Cold Hardiness Zone: 9
The Saribus rotundifolia is one of the fastest growing palms in the world, with growth reports of 8 feet in just three years! If you’re looking to change your landscape quickly - this gorgeous, stately palm has you covered.
If shipping warmer options are sold out for this product please add one below...
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant(s) directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥Shipping Warmer! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order, we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade; therefore, your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition due to negligence on our part, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within (1) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!