Habitat and Distribution: Endemic to the lowland rainforests of Aneityum and Futuna Islands east of New Caledonia and Australia. A subpopulation with thousands of mature plants, was discovered recently in eastern Aneityum. In habitat Veitchia spiralis conservation status is considered “Near threatened”
Description: Veitchia spiralis produces a medium sized trunk to about 60 feet tall with a long greenish almost white crownshaft and graceful arching pinnate leaves in the crown.
Culture: Veitchia spiralis is a tropical palm limited in the landscape to zone 10a and higher. It takes full sun at an early age and is quite tolerant of a range of soils. Veitchia spiralis is resistant to pests and disease. For those in colder climates, Veitchia spiralis does very well in large containers which can be moved to protection. All around an easy trouble free palm.
Comments and Curiosities: Veitchia spiralis has the largest and most ornamental red fruit/seed of the Veitchia genus. If you're looking for a super fast growing, beautiful, tropical looking, no maintenance canopy palm, as with most Vietchia species, this is it ! A favorite at LGF !
❄️ Winter Weather = add a Shipping Warmer ! 🔥
Notes & Policies:
- All plants are safely shipped bare root in sterile medium.
- "Size" refers to growing container sizes appropriate for plants being sold.
- Please use text/email tracking alerts. Try to receive your plant directly from the carrier to avoid damage due to extreme temperatures and or lack of humidity.
- Please do not place an order when extreme weather conditions or temperatures are likely.
- ❄️ Winter shipping ? Protect your plant(s) with a 🔥 Shipping Warmer ! A northerly route and or possible delays during shipping could damage your tropical plant(s). If you did not add a shipping warmer to your order we cannot be held responsible for cold damage to your plants during transit in winter weather.
- All of our plants are grown in various amounts of shade, therefore your plants will require a slow introduction into appropriate amounts of sun.
- In most cases your plants will benefit from providing an environment of enhanced humidity upon arrival until root function has normalized.
- All seeds are from a proven viable source. All seeds are inspected and tested prior to dispatch. Germination rates are not quoted or guaranteed due to the use of various individual germination techniques. Typical germination rates provided on request.
- Buyer assumes risks due to state agricultural regulations and bare root shipping.
- Refund policy: If for any reason your order is incorrect or arrives in poor condition, we'll gladly issue a refund or make your order right. To be eligible, buyers must please send notification within ( 1 ) day of receiving your order describing the issue(s) accompanied by photos of the unaltered order in its original packing material.
- Propagation is from seed unless other methods are stated.
- Questions ? Don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!
Daniela & Dave
Let’s Grow Florida!